Department of Political Science
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Political Science
Date of Entry into Service
Date of Retirement
Areas of Interest/Specialisation
- Public Administration
- Political Thought
- Indian Constitution
- Public Policy
- Principles of Political Science
- Introduction to political theory
- Theories and Concepts of Public Administration
- Public Policy Analysis
- Indian Administration
- State and Society in Kerala
- New Social Movements
- Gandhian Political Thought
- Modern Western Political Thought
- UG- 16 years
- PG- 12 years
- Member, Human rights Club.
- Member,Swathi Club.
- Member,Women Study Unit.
- Co-ordinator,legal literacy cell.
- Organizing committee member, plastic pollution supported by Kerala State Council For Science, Technology and Environment.
- Organizing committee member, plastic Brand Auditing supported by Kerala State Council For Science, Technology and Environment.
- Green Protocol Officer of the Department, District Suchitwa Mission Kollam.
- “Economic empowerment and women security in India: An evaluation” a national seminar on human security in India: problems and policy options organized by Sree Narayana College, Kollam in association with UGC New Delhi 6&7February 2014.
- “Globalization and governance issues” national seminar on Globalisation and the emerging social security paradigm in India, organized by Dewaswom Board College, Sasthamcottah in association with UGC, New Delhi.6&7August 2015.
- ”Importance of Efficient Administration in India”National Seminar on”CAA-NPR-NRC:Myth or Reality” Indian Institute of Public Administration, Kerala Regional Branch, Thiruvananthapuram organized by Department of Political Science,Sree Narayana College,Kollam.31 January2020
- ”Managing Natural Disaster; The Role of Social Movements” International Seminar on Confronting Disaster: From Vulnerability to Resilience,organized by NSS Hindu College Changanacherry, Kottayam on 24&25 January2020.
Orientation Courses Attended
- UGC-Sponsored Orientation Programme, HRDC, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, from 08-06-2017.
Refresher Courses Attended
- UGC-Sponsored Refresher Course, HRDC University of Kerala, Trivandrum from 21-01-2022 to 03-02-2022
- UGC-Sponsored Refresher Course, HRDC, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State. From 28 -09-2020 to12-10-2020.
- UGC-Sponsored Refresher Course, HRDC, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, from 26-06-2018 to 16-07-2018.
- Coordinator, Dr N Jayadevan Memorial State Level Intercollegiate Elocution Competition, 06 February, 2023.
- Coordinator, webinar“Legal ProtectionFor Challenges Faced by Women in Contemporary Society “organized by legal literacy cell. 29-05-2021.
- Coordinator, webinar “ Fundamental right its importance in Idian Democracy organized by legal literacy cell. 10-05-2022.
- Joint- Coordinator, seminar cum exhibition of ‘Classic Chronicles’
- Joint-Coordinator, National Seminar on “Ideological Moorings of India’s Foreign Policy; Identity, Strategy and Interests” Sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi, 11,12&13 January2017.
- Coordinator, Dr N Jayadevan Memorial State Level Intercollegiate Elocution Competition,6 Feb2019.
- Coordinator, Kerala State Motor Vehicle Department-Awareness class on “Road Safety Life Safety”, 0n 14 January, 2020.
- International Webinar as part of AI-Haj PK Kunju Sahib Memorial Webinar series 2020-21 on Sustainable Development Goals and public policy on 26th August 2020.
- International Webinar as part of AI-Haj PK Kunju Sahib Memorial Webinar series 2020-21 on 9th August 2020
- National Seminar on Maritime Security of India: the coastal security challenges and policy options, organized by SN college Kollam in association with UGC
- National seminar on History and Politics in contemporary Indian literature organized by PG & Research department of English, SN College, Kollam in connection with UGC
- Attended a national seminar on Indian democracy: emerging challenges, organized by SN college Kollam in association with Institute of Parliamentary affairs, Thiruvananthapuram
- National seminar on electoral reforms in India: Issues and Challenges, organized by SN college, Kollam in association with Parliamentary affairs, Thiruvananthapuram
- SCERT –Syllabus revision- focuses group section conducted by DIET conducted in Sree Narayana college Kollam on 07 November,2022.
- Three day workshop on the Post Graduate Political Science Programme Syllabus.PG Board of Studies in Political Science, University of Kerala &Department of Political Science. Held on 14,15,16 March 2022.
- Two Day Workshop on Restructuring the Post Graduate Political Science Programme Syllabus.PG Board of Studies in Political Science, University of Kerala &Department of Political Science.6 & 7 December, 2018.
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Tutorship in PG Class 2021-23.
- Tutor, 1st Year UG class
Duties Performed at College
- Mentor, walk with a scholar, Sree Narayana College, Kollam