The OBC Cell of Sree Narayana College, Kollam ensures comprehensive development of Other Backward Communities and acts as per the provisions of the Constitution of India. It provides extensive and proactive services to all students enrolled in various academic programmes of the college. The goal of the cell is to enhance the psychological well-being of OBC students of the college and to enable them to realise their dreams. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students belonging to socially and economically weaker sections of the society. It also strives to maintain an environment where all communities can participate in academic and research activities without any sort of discrimination on the basis of caste or creed.
1. The cell has been created to assist the OBC students in their exhaustive development.
2. To implement OBC reservation as per university guidelines and to ensure protection and reservation provided in the constitution of India.
3. To aware the OBC students about the various scholarship programmes of state and central governments.
4. To make them aware of their rights as members of the backward communities.
5. To help them in resolving their academic backwardness.
6. To instill confidence and provide them with emotional support and counselling.