HISTORY OF SREE NARAYANA COLLEGE, KOLLAM
Bearing in letter and spirit the name of Sree Narayana Guru, Sree Narayana College, Kollam is one of the earliest and the greatest centres of higher education in the whole state of Kerala. The college is situated on a vast 27 acres campus alongside the National Highway-47 in the heart of Kollam city, on the eastern part of Lal Bahadur Stadium, one kilometer away from Kollam Railway Station. Affiliated to the University of Kerala, the college was started in 1948 by S.N.D.P Yogam and its able and inspiring leader Sri. R. Sankar. The Management of the college is vested in the Sree Narayana Trusts, Kollam, one of the leading educational agencies in the State. The college offers 17 undergraduates and 13 Post-Graduate courses. Eight of the Post graduates Departments are approved research centres as well. The institution further provides facilities for conducting contact classes of the correspondence courses under the University of Kerala and counseling of IGNOU Study programmes coordinated by the IGNOU Study Centre. Since its inception in 1948, Sree Narayana College, Kollam has not only spearheaded the uplift of the socially and educationally backward section of one society but has also created a glorious history of outstanding academic activities, thus making itself the leader if the institutions of higher education in the State, thereby upholding the high ideals of Sree Narayana Guru who excluded us to ‘Strive for the welfare of all without any discrimination on the basis of caste, creed or religion’.