INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE (I C C) &
Sexual Harassment Prevention/Complaints Committee (SHPC)
In compliance with the instructions of the National Committee for the Women S N College Kollam established ICC/SHPC to prevent sexual harassment of girl students and women and to create harmonious environment for the benefit of women. A women faculty of the institution is the chairperson of ICC/SHPC. See the Policy document
The central objectives of the ICC/SHPC is to avert sexual harassment of women and girl students at the workplace. The detailed objectives are given below:
- To ensure a policy against sexual harassment or sexual abuse of women and girl students at the college.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the institute.
- To uphold the commitment of the institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To promote a social and physiological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
- To hear and address complaints regarding sexual harassment at S N C
- To spread awareness about gender related issues and functioning of SHPC
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITES OF THE ICC MEMBERS
- ICC/SHPC members should create trust among women employee s and be approachable to them the SHPC should not consider the socio-economic profile as well as the position of the individuals in the organization, while dealing the complaints.
- All SHPC members should me objective in dealing and investigating the complaints
Procedure for filing complains and initiating enquiries.
- An aggrieved women or female student may complaint against a male student/employee/faculty/administrative/research staff/ to any of the members of the SHPC/ICC
After receiving the complaint chairperson convince the meeting of the SHPC and to complete the enquiry within the time period, on completion of the enquiry the report will be submitted to the principal with recommendation.