Department of Political Science
- Assistant Professor and HOD
- Political Science
Date of Entry into Service
Date of Retirement
Areas of Interest/Specialisation
- Subaltern studies
- Environmental Politics
- West Asian Politics
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- New Social Movements
- UN & World Peace
- Environment Development and Politics
- Modern Indian Social and Political Ideas
- Financial Administration
- Indian Government and Politics
- Research Methodology
- Indian Administration
Field of Research
- New Social Movements
- 15 years of teaching experience
Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any
- Board of studies member(Public Administration)
- Kerala Political Science Association(member)
- Board of Studies Member (Political Science)
- Delivered a talk onHuman Righs awareness 0n World Human Rights Day at Fathima Matha National College-December 10,2019 )
- Delivered a class on the topic ‘Gandhian Political Thought ‘ for the students of Thodiyur Government Higher Secondary School on 2019, December 22 .
- Staff Coordinator,Palliative care unit (2017- 2018 and 2018-2019 ,SN College,Kollam)
- Staff Convenor ,Anti Ragging Cell,(2017-2018,SN College,Kollam.
- NSS Programme officer at SN College,Cherthala on 2008-2009
- NSS Programme officer at SN College Punalur on 2010-2011
- NSS Programme officer at SN College,Kollam on 2011-2012.
- Delivered a class on the topic ‘ Importance of service in Nation Building ; A Constitutional Discourse’, to the students of NSS unit SN College,Chempazhanthy,TVM
- Archa Arun, (2022), “Gender Pay Gap in India – An Overview”, Journal of the Asiatic Society of Mumbai”, Vol.95, 2022, ISSN:0972-0766, A UGC – Care Listed Journal.
- Archa Arun, (2021), “Scope of One Nation One Election in India- Pros and Cons”, NIU International Journal of Human Rights, Vol.8(IX),2021, ISSN:2394-0298, A UGC – Care Listed Journal.
- Archa Arun ,(2015):”New Social movement paradigm,collective identity and LGBT movement in India:A critical analysis”Academic Spectrum , volume 8, December 2015.
- Archa Arun ,(2015):”Parliamentary democracy and elections in the era of communication revolution”Holistic Thought Vol 14,No 1 .
- Archa Arun,(2012)”New Social Movements and Democracy in India” Holistic Thought,Vol 11,No 1&2.2.
- Presented a paper titled “ Dalits and Human Rights “in the UGC sponsored national seminar on human rights of information technology duly organized by department of political science add public administration St John’s college,Anchal, Kollam
- Presented a paper titled“New social movements and coastal environmental issues “In the national seminar on “Maritime Security of India: Challenges and Policy Options organized by V.K.Krishna Menon study centre for international relations and Department of Political Science University of Kerala on 30th January 2019 at the conference call Department of Political Science University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Presented a topic titled “New social Movements Human Rights and Right to information” in the National Seminar on Right to information and good governance dp20th&21st October 2011 at S.N College.Kollam
- Presented a topic titled“New Social Movements and Democracy in India “in the National seminar on‘Parliamentary Democracy and Good governance in India ‘jointly organised by S.N College,Kollam and institute of Parliamentary affairsdp 17,18 January 2013.
- Presented a topic titled “New Social Movements and Costal Community in Kerala”in the National Seminar on The costal security of India: Challenges and policy options organised by V K. Krishna Menon study center for International Relations, University of Kerala on 7 th and 8th March 2017
- Presented a topic titled “New Social Movements in South East Asia: A descriptive study in the National Seminar on ‘India-Asean relations: The historical and cultural pedigree to act east policy’ organised by Department of Political Science, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram and Society for Social Empowerment,New Delhi on 13th and 14th November 2018.
- Presented a topic titled’ NDA Government and Foreign Policy ‘ in the National seminar on Foreign Policy Challenges for Narendra Modi led NDA-11 Government organized by Social Empowerment ,New Delhi in association with the V K Krishna Menon study centrefor International relations ,Department of Political Science ,University of Kerala on 19 &20 Dec ember 2014 at the university senate chamber ,Thiruvananthapuram.
Orientation Courses Attended
- One day orientation programme for College teachers at NSS, College, Nilamel, Kollam on 8/12/2009.
- Orientation programme on IT from 5/2/2010 to 4/3/2010 at Academic Staff College, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
- Two day orientation programme for College teachers to familiarise semesterisation of UG programme conducted by Academic Staff College, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram on 16 th and 17th of August 2010.
- One day Orientation on Blood Donors drive for NSS Programme Officers at SN College for Women,Kollam on 16/11/2011.
- Six day orientation programme for College teachers on Research Methodology in Social Sciences from 30/8/2010 to 4/9/2010 at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai jointly organised by MIDS and UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala
Refresher Courses Attended
- Refresher course on Womens Studies by UGC HRDC, Thiruvananthapuram from 1/10/2015 to 21/10/2015
- UGC refresher course-Summer School by HRDC Thiruvananthapuram from 31/11/2018 to 20/12/2018.
- Online Refresher course on human rights by HRDC Thiruvananthapuram from 11-09-2020 to 24-09-2020
- Co ordinated a webinar on the topic “India’s tryst with democracy: The road map for future” on 15th August 2022
- Joint coordinator of the UGC National Seminar on “ Protection of Western Ghats, Issues Concerns and Policy alternatives”held at SN College,Kollam,on 27th and 28 th October 2016.
- Coordinator of regional seminar (Agora)on the topic Globalisation ;The concept ,causes, and consequences held at SN College, Kollam on 15-2-2019
- Coordinator of regional seminar on the topic‘Constitutional Dynamics ; A Treatise on Human security and Social Justice “held at SN College ,Kollam on 26-11-2018.
- Coordinator of webinar on the topic’ Politics and Pandemics;What after Covid? ‘On 11-06-2020.
- Coordinator of Webinar on the Topic “The Philosophy Of Indian Constitution”On 27-11-2020.
- Participated in national seminar on“Transgender alienation major challenges and responses-A human rights perspective “organized by department of political science ,SN College , Kollam in association with the institute of parliamentary affairs on the 16th of December 2021 at SN college Kollam
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on”Civil society movements in India, Problems and Promises” held from 25th and 26 th September 2008 at SN College,Kollam.
- UGC National Seminar by Department of Political Science, University of Kerala during December 13,14th 2010 on Energy security in India
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Indian Democracy and emerging challenges at SN College,Kollam on March 15th 2016.
- National Seminar on Right to information and good governance sp 20,21st October 2011 at SN College, Kollam.
- National seminar on Parliamentary Democracy and Good governance in India by SN College,Kollam and institute of Parliamentary affairs dp 17 th and 18th January 2013.
- National seminar on Democracy and Human Righs in Kerala:Debating the role of non-party Political space Organised by the parliamentary Litracy club ,SN College,Kollam on March 14 th 2019.
- National seminar on “CAA-NPR-NRC:Myth or Reality” organised by Indian Institute of Public Administration,Kerala Regional branch in association with the Department of Political Science,SN College,Kollam on 31st January 2020.
- Attended eight days faculty development program on outcome based education organized by IQAC SN College, Kollam in collaboration with Kerala state higher education council from 14 /6/ 2021 to 21/6/2021
- Oneday workshop on”Career Advancement Scheme for College teachers under UGC Regulations” organised by IQAC Sree Narayana College,Kollam on 17-04-2017
- Attended the training program titled “Stimulating teacher through advanced training program(STAT) for college teachers on research methodology in social science from30/8/2010 to 4/9/2010 at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai
- Traning Programme for NSS Programme officers held at students centre,Thiruvananthapuram on24,25,of November 2008
- Training Programme for NSS Programme officer s at Thiruvananthapuram on 17 th and 18th December 2010
- Five day workshop on curriculum Design for Political Science (UG) at University College,Thiruvananthapuram dp 24-2-2009 to 28-2-2009.
- Workshop for Restructuring of BA Political Science syllabus on 1st and 2nd December 2016 at the department of Political Science, Kariavattom ,Thiruvananthapuram .
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Performed as Additional chief Superintendentof second semester Bed degree examination at Badaria Bed Training College in 24,25,th of November 2009.
- Performed as chairman of First semester MA Political Science examination ,2016.
- Performed as External examiner for conduct of Viva-Voce and Project evaluation in the Department of Political Science at University College,Thiruvananthapuram on 11th and 12th of April 2017
- External examiner to conduct MA Political Science Viva-Voce examination of University College on 26-10-17 and 27-10 – 2017.
- External examiner for the conduct of Viva-Voce and Project evaluation at the department of Political Science,St.Gregorious college ,kottarakkara on 28 th and 29 th of March 2016 .
- Performed as chairman of third semester MA Political Science examination,2016.
- Performed as External examiner for the conduct of Viva-Voce examination of fourth semester MA political science, University College,Thiruvananthapuram on 12 November 2018.
- Performed as a question paper setter for MG University CBCSS (Regular) examinations 2019 .
- External examiner to conduct MA Political Science Viva-Voce examination of University College on 26-08-2020.
Duties Performed at College
- NSS Programme officer
- Coordinator of bhoomitra club
- Women’s studies unit member
- PTA executive member
- College council member and secretary
- Convenor-Anti Ragging Cell
- Coordinator-Palliative care unit