- Assistant Professor
Areas of Interest/Specialisation
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- History of English Literature, Subaltern Studies
- European Drama
- Comparative Literature
- Introduction to Literary Studies – I
- World Classics
- Twentieth Century Malayalam Literature in English Translation
- Literary Criticism
- Postcolonial Literatures in English
- Listening, Speaking and Reading
- Writings on Contemporary issues
- Environmental Studies
- Modern English Grammar and Usage
- Writings and Presentation Skills
- Readings in Literature
- 4yrs and 11 months
- Convenor: Media Club at S.N. College, Punalur
- Member: Counselling Cell, Career Guidance Cell and Women’s Study and Welfare Unit at S.N. College, Punalur
- Resource person: Scholar Support Programme at S.N. College, Punalur
- ‘The Edible Art in Salt N’ Pepper’ in Carmel Blaze: A Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in July 2015 ( 2349-0217)
- “Diasporic Sensibility in Jhumpa Lahiri’s The Namesake” in Travails of Uprootment: A Tribute to Refugees, Exiles and Diasporic Communities by Department of English M.S.M. College, Kayamkulam (ISBN: 978-93-85723-00-1)
- Presented a paper titled “Environmental Movements in India” in the International Seminar titled Bridging the Gaps: Education, Language and Culture at Senate Chamber, University of Kerala on 22 & 23 January 2014
- Presented a paper titled “Erasing of the Raised Races in Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled Other/ other: Discourses of Difference at Carmel College, Mala on 30 & 31 December 2014
- Presented a paper titled “Diasporic Sensibility in JhumpaLahiri’s The Namesake” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled Travails of Uprootment: A Tribute to Refugees, Exiles and Diasporic Communities at M.S.M. College, Kayamkulam on 29, 30 & 31 July 2015
- Presented a paper titled “The Predicament of Hindu Widows in Deepa Mehta’s Water” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled The Postmodern Pedagogy of Multiple Literaries: A Transdisciplinary Critique on Cultural Studies and Media Effects at Newman College, Thodupuzha on 11 &12 August 2015
- Presented a paper titled “Wrestling with Gender Stereotypes: Dangal a Feminist Critique” in the Three-Day UGC National seminar on Visual Politics and Contemporary culture: Ideology, Representation and Narrative Space organized by the Centre for Comparative Literature, Sree Sankaracharaya University of Sanskrit, Kalady on 5, 6 & 7 April 2017.
- Presented a paper titled “Subaltern Resistance in Omprakash Valmiki’s Joothan” in the International Conference on Images of Self and the Other: Exploring Identity and Alterity organized by the Postgraduate & Research Department of English, St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth, Thrissur in collaboration with Centre for the Study of World Religions, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bengaluru and Globalethics.net India on 12 &13 January 2018.
- Presented a paper titled “Widening Gyres of Dalit Literature” in the International Conference on Indian Literature as World Literature: Past, Present, Future organized by the Department of Indian and World Literatures at The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad on 18-20 January 2018.
- Presented a paper titled “Gender a new “Take Off” in Mollywood” in the International Seminar on Words, Visuals and Beyond: Mediatization of Narrative Spaces organized by the Post Graduate Department of English Bharata Mata College, Thrikkakara Co-Sponsored by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam on 22 & 23 February 2018.
Orientation Courses Attended
- Participated in the One day Orientation Program organized by IQAC of Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 27 May 2020.
- Attended a 4 Week Induction/ Orientation Programme for faculty in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes of Higher Education” organized by the Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi from June 04 – July 01, 2020.
Refresher Courses Attended
- Attended the UGC-Sponsored Live Online Refresher Course in English Language and Literature conducted by the UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum from 03-11-2020 to 16-11-2020.
- Organized a Seminar on The Scope and Challenges of Journalism at S.N. College, Punalur on 26/03/2018 in connection with the Media Club Activities.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled Indian Literary Historiography and Counter Currents in Postcoloniality at St.Thomas College, Kozhencherry on 27 & 28 September 2011
- Participated in the UGC sponsored International Seminar titled Changing Worlds: Reviewing and Reinventing Literature and Culture at Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta on 23 & 24 January 2012
- Participated in a National Conference titled Spatial Configurations: Canada and India at Maurya Rajadhani, Thiruvananthapuram on 16 &17 November 2012
- Attended the symposium titled The Many Lives of Edward Said at All Saint’s College, Thiruvananthapuram on 13 November 2013
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled Ecofeminism: An Inclusive Discourse at Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy on 13 & 14 November 2014
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled New Worlds/ New Words: Cultural Paradigms in New English Literatures at Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady on 28, 29 & 30 January 2015
- Participated in the UGC sponsored National Seminar titled Literature of the Marginalized: Voices of the Subaltern in Indian Literature at Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady on 10 & 11 February 2015
- Attended One day Seminar on Understanding Literary Theory organized by the School of Distance Education, University of Kerala and funded by IDEAA, on October 26, 2019 in the University Senate Chamber.
- Attended the National Webinar on Academic Quality Enchancement Through Outcome Based Education organized by the IQAC ST. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam as part of the UGC PARAMARSH Scheme sponsored by NAAC, on 09/05/2020.
- Attended a “Webinar on Outcome Based Education”, jointly organized by St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur and Kerala State Higher Education Council on 13 May, 2020.
- Participated in the National Webinar on “Understanding Cinema: Intersections in Indian Horror Films” organized by The Literary Club, St.Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva on 18 May , 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on “Research Methodology” jointly organised by SVD. Government Degree College(W), Nidadavole,West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh and Khandesh Chapter of English Language Teachers’ Association of India on 21 May, 2020.
- Attended the “Webinar on NAAC Accreditation for Autonomous/ Affiliated Colleges”, organized by St. Thomas College (Autonomous), Thrissur under UGC Paramarsh Scheme on 22 May 2020.
- Participated in the International webinar on DOCTRINA-04 organized by Department of Journalism & IQAC, Sir Syed College, Taliparamba, Kannur, Kerala, titled, “Mainstream Media Reporting During Covid-19: An International Experience”, on 22-05-2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Teaching Live English Lessons Online” organized by British Council on 25 May 2020.
- Participated in the International Seminar on “Contemporary Analytical Discourse of English Literature” organised by the Albertian Centre for Human Resource Development and Research in association with the Post Graduate Department of English, St. Albert’s College (Autonomous) on Wednesday 27 May, 2020.
- Participated in the One Day International Online Conference on Expanding Strategies of Teaching-Learning with Digital Proficiency organized under PARAMARSH Scheme sponsored by UGC-NAAC in collaboration with Little Flower College, Guruvayur on 28 May 2020.
- Participated in the One Day International Webinar on ‘COVID World, COVID Mind; Towards a New Consciousness in the ongoing COVID Reality’ organized by the IQAC of St. Thomas College, Kozhencherry on 29 May 2020.
- Participated in the Webinar 1- ‘Literature and Language: Are they Poles apart?’ As part of the Webinar Series – “Literature in the New World” organized by the PG Department of English, NSS College, Pandalam, Kerala on May 30, 2020.
- Participated in the International Webinar on ‘Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Lives in Contemporary British Literature’, on 11 July 2020 Organized by Department of English in Association with IQAC Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Participated in the International Webinar on “Ethnoliterature and the Environment: Northeast Indian and Southeast Asian Literatures in Context” organised by the Post Graduate Department of English, Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam, Kerala on 30 July 2020.
- Participated in the Webinar on “Polyphony on Folk Songs” jointly organized by The Media Club, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication & IQAC Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 03 August 2020.
- Participated in the One day State Level Webinar on “SAAC: Perspectives on Assessment and Accreditation process” organized by IQAC in Association with Kerala State Higher Education Council on 7 August 2020 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Attended a Short-Term Induction Programme for University/ College Teachers in Kerala conducted by the UGC-HRDC from 18/04/2016 to 23/04/2016
- Participated in the workshop on Revision of Syllabi of BA English Literature and BA Communicative English organized by the Board of Studies in English (Pass), University of Kerala at Mahatma Gandhi College, Trivandrum on 20 September 2017.
- Attended a workshop on “Revised Syllabus for Language Courses for Degree – English I & II” (2019 Admission onwards) organized by the Board of Studies in English, University of Kerala and PG & Research Department of English, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 1st August 2019 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Participated and Successfully Completed the One Week Online National Workshop on “Creative Adaptation-Reaching Out Through Digital Classrooms” organized by the St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala in collaboration with the UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Trivandrum from 19 May-25 May 2020.
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Invigilation Duty, Internal Exam Question Paper Setting, Valuation of Answer Scripts, External Examiner- Evaluation of Dissertation (Project Viva)
Duties Performed at College
- Member: Human Rights Awareness Forum, Green Protocol Monitoring Committee and Share and Care S. N. College, Kollam