- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Areas of Interest/Specialisation
- Cultural Studies
- British Literature
- PG and UG Courses
- Teaching Experiences- 4 years 10 months
Orientation Courses Attended
- Attended Orientation Course at UGC HRDC Pondicherry University from 20 November to 10 December 2019
- Attended the curtain Raiser Lecture by Prof. Dipesh Chakrabarthy, University of Chicago, entitled “Between Globalization and Global Warming: The Changing Fault Lines of Human History” organized as part of the Fifth Annual Session of the Kerala History Congress hosted by the School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies at M G University, Kottayam on 3rd November, 2019
- Attended Orientation Course at UGC HRDC Pondicherry University from 20 November to 10 December 2019.
- Participated in a National Seminar on “Challenges and Changes in AQAR & SSR Preparation” organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam, on 19th& 20th December 2019.
- Participated in the Moodle Learning Management System training organized at Sree Narayana College, Chengannur in January 2020
- Participated in the One day Online Workshop on “Role of Digital Libraries in Academic Research” organized by the Central Library, Davangere University, Davangere on 30 May 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Literature and Language: Are they Poles Apart?” organized by the Department of English, NSS College, Pandalam on 30 May 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Criminal Justice and Social Work: Scope and Challenges” organized by the Department of Criminology and Police Studies, Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur on 04 June 2020.
- Attended an International webinar on “Handling Miscommunications in Presentations and Public Speaking” by Vicki A. Hale organised by the Department of English, St. Mary’s College, Thrissur on 4th June, 2020.
- Attended an International webinar entitled “Theatre Today: Issues and Challenges” organised by the Department of English, Shri Narain P.G College (K. K. C), an associate college of University of Lucknow on 7th June, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Language Skills through LSRW” organised by the Department of English, Sengamala Thayyar Educational Trust Women’s College, Mannargudi on 12 June, 2020.
- Attended the National Webinar on “Modernism in Indian English Literature” organised by the Department of English, Kamrup College, Chamata on 14 June, 2020.
- Attended an International Multidisciplinary Webinar Series-CONVERGENCE 2020 entitled “Teaching/Learning Online: The Way Ahead” organized by the IQAC and the Department of English, S.E.S. College, Sreekandapuram, Kannur, on 7th June, 2020.
- Attended an International Webinar on “Journalism and Social Justice” organized by Dr. MGR-Janaki College of Arts and Science for Women, Chennai- 600028 on 8 June 2020.
- Attended an International webinar entitled “Transition to Online Learning : Ways Ahead” organized by Jagannath Institute of Education, JEMTEC, Greater Noida, affiliated to GGSIPY, New Delhi on 8th June, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “From Local to Global: Ideas for a Better Future” organised by IQAC, K. C. Das Commerce College on 13th June 2020.
- Attended a National Webinar on “Philosophical Reflections on Covid-19” organised by the Department of Philosophy, Agurchand Manmull Jain College, Meenambakkam, Chennai on 15 June, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Discourse on Post Theory” organised by the Department of English, MES College Marampally, Aluva on 10 June, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar organised by the St. Dominic’s College Library, Kanjirapally on 25 June, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on T D Ramakrishnan organised by College Library and the Department of Malayalam, Cochin College Kochi on 26 June, 2020.
- Attended a Two-Day State Level Webinar on “Novel and Theatre: Convergences and Divergences” organized by the Department of English, Kamaraj College(SF), Thoothukudi on 29 and 30 June 2020.
- Attended a National Webinar on “Cinema in Transition: Platform, Content, Process” presented by Gautham Menon (Film Director, screenwriter, producer and actor) and organised by the Department of Visual Communication and Performing Arts, Centre for Media Studies, Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous on 1 July, 2020.
- Attended a National Webinar on “Film Reporting: Looking Beyond the Glamour” presented by Sangeetha Devi, Senior Assistant Editor/Special Correspondent, The Hindu and organized by the Department of Journalism, Centre for Media Studies, Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous on 2 July, 2020.
- Attended a Webinar on “Between Bios and Technos: Pandemic and the Remaking of Human Agency in the New World Order” organized by the PG and Research Department of English, Farook College (Autonomous), Kozhikode, on 4 July 2020.
- Participated in the Live session on “Impact of Communication on Career” held on 9 & 10 July 2020.sss
- Attended an International Webinar on “Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Lives in Contemporary British Literature” organized by the Department of English in association with IQAC, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 11 July 2020.
- Attended an International Webinar on “New Wave in South Asian Cinema” organized by the Department of Media Studies and IQAC, Christ Nagar College, Thiruvananthapuram in association with SAARC Cultural Centre, Sri Lanka on 18 July 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “Theatre, Theory and Praxis” organized by the Department of English, Government Arts and Science College, Karunagappally, Kollam on 19 July 2020.
- Attended a National Webinar on “Contemporary Feminism: Politics and Priorities organized by the Department of English, HHMSPBNSS College for Women, Neeramankara, Thiruvananthapuram on 22 July 2020.
- Attended a seven day online Faculty Development Programme on “Digital Content Management on E-Learning” from 13-19 June 2021
- Attended an inter-disciplinary two-week Refresher course on “Managing Online Classes & Co-creating MOOCS 9.0” from 8 to 22 November 2021.
- Attended a One week Faculty Development Programme on “Teaching-Learning Methods: From Micro-Teaching to Peer Learning” from 11-17 June 2022
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Examination duties (University and Internals)
- Valuation duties (University and Internal examination)
- Project Guiding (PG & UG Courses)
- Invigilation (University and College level Internal Examination)
- Assignment evaluation (PG & UG)
- Question paper setting(PG & UG)
Duties performed at College
- Faculty member- Literary Club
- Faculty member- Kerala State Literacy Mission
- Faculty member- Anti-Narcotic Cell
- Organizing committee member- SAAC Seminar
- Organizing committee member- International Webinar ‘Crossroads’
- Mentor UG batch