THE TUTORIAL SYSTEM
The tutorial system aims at improving the all round performance of the students and providing greater opportunities for personal rapport between the teacher and the taught. The system is carried out by following a mechanism that involves:
1. Students of this college are grouped into batches of about 20-25 and each batch is supervised by a faculty, designated as Group Tutor.
2. Group tutor will regularly monitor the academic, extracurricular and other activities of the students of his/ her group. Tutor collects information from the students with the help of structured data sheets.
3. A senior faculty member coordinates the implementation of the tutorial system in each department.
4. A GeneraI Co-ordinator supervises the tutorial system in all the departments.
5. Departments have to forward reports on the tutorial system to the General Co-ordinator.
The college undertakes various programmes for slow learners through remedial classes, scheme for students for entry in services, scheme of coaching for SET/ NET examinations. For slow learners Remedial courses, Coaching classes and Students counselling program are initiated.