|5||Personal Web Page|
|6||Date of Entry into Service||20-12-2018|
|7||Date of Retirement||31-05-1942|
|9||Areas of Interest/Specialisation||Botany|
|10||Courses/subject Taught||Taxonomy, Plant physiology, Embryology, Plant breeding, Phycology, Mycology, Molecular biology|
|11||Field of Research||Pharmacology|
|13||Experience||10 yearResearch&2 year Teaching Experiences|
|14||Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any|
|16||Extension Activities||Co-coordinator-Unnath Bharat Abhiyan|
|17||Papers Published||Number- 15
1. Vilash V, Suja S R, Latha P G, Rajasekharan S. Evaluation of hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of Pellionia heyneana Wedd. leaf ethanolic extract on carbon tetrachloride induced liver damage in Wistar rats. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2015;7(3): pp 374-378.
2. Vilash V, Suja S R, Latha P G, Shine V J, Rajasekharan S. Chronic oral toxicity studies of crude ethanolic extract and ethanolic fraction of Pellionia heyneana Wedd. leaf in Wistar rats. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2016; 8(8).
3. Vilash V, Suja S R, Latha P G, Aneesh Kumar A L, Ragesh R Nair &Rajasekharan S. Physicochemical Evaluation and Pharmacognostical Standardization of Pellionia heyneana Wedd. Leaf. Pharmacog J. 2016: 8(6): 551-556.
4. Vilash V, Suja S R, Latha P G, Aneeshkumar A L, Ragesh R Nair, Rajasekharan S. Antihepatotoxic effect of ethanolic extract of Pellionia heyneana Wedd., leaf on paracetamol induced liver damage in Wistar rats. JTFP. 2016;4 (2): 17-26.
5. NeethuViswanath, Latha P G, Suja S R, Vilash V. Antihepatotoxic and Antioxidant properties of Schumannianthusvirgatus (Roxb.) Rolfe ethanolic extract against acetaminophen induced hepatotoxicity in Wistar rats. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; (8)3
6. Ragesh R Nair, Suja S R, Vilash V, Aneeshkumar A L and Rajasekharan S. Pharmacognostic standardisation and phytochemical analysis of Tetraceraakara(Burm. f.) Merr. JTFP. 2016;4 (2): 79-95.
7. Shoumya S, Latha P G, Suja S R, Rajasekharan S, Shyamal S, Shine V J, Anuja G I, Sini S, Vilash V, Shikha P, Krishnakumar N M &Sreejith G. Hepatoprotective potential of ethanolic extract of Saracaasoca (Roxb.) De Wilde Stem Bark against carbon tetrachloride Induced Hepatotoxicity in Wistar Rats. JTFP. 2013;1: pp 84-91.
8. Shine V J, Latha P G, Suja S R, Anuja G I, Sabulal B, Vilash V, Rajasekharan S. Anti-hepatotoxic Effect of Root Ethanol Extract of Cycleapeltata against acetaminophen induced oxidative stress in Wistar rats and in vitro primary hepatocyte culture. American Journal of Experimental Biology.2014;1(1): pp 1-15.
9. Sreejith G, Jayasree M, Latha P G, Suja S R, Shyamal S, Shine V J, Anuja G I, Sini S, Shikha P, Krishnakumar N M, Vilash V, Shoumya S, Rajasekharan S. Hepatoprotective activity of Oxalis corniculata L. ethanolic extract against paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in Wistar rats and itsin vivo antioxidant effects. Ind J Exp Biol.2014;52: pp 147-152.
10. Vimalkumar C S, Hosagaudar V B, Suja S R, Vilash V, Krishnakumar N M, Latha P G Comparative preliminary phytochemical analysis of ethanolic extracts of leaves of OleadioicaRoxb., infected with the rust fungus Zaghouaniaoleae (E.J. Butler) Cummins and non-infected plants. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2014; 3(4): pp 69-72.
11. Ragesh R Nair, S R Suja, A L Aneeshkumar, V Vilash and S Rajasekharan. A comparative study on quantitative phytochemical analysis and in vitro free radical scavenging activity of various solvent extracts of Tetraceraakara (burm. f.) Merr., an ethnomedicinal plant used by Kani tribe of Kerala. Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(5), 1907-1915.
12. Neethu V, Latha P G, Suja S R, Vilash V, Ragesh R, Shoumya S and Aneesh Kumar A L. Hepatoprotective property of Schumannianthusvirgatus (Roxb.) Rolfe against D-galactosamine induced hepatotoxicity in Wistar rats. Int. J. Adv. Res. 2017; 5(7), 2301-2308
13. Ragesh R Nair, Suja S R ,Aneeshkumar A L, Vilash V, Rajasekharan S. Antihepatotoxic effect of the ethanolic fraction of roots of Tetraceraakara (Burm. f.) Merr., on Acetaminophen‑induced hepatic damage in Wistar rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2018; 12 (7), 961-966
14. Aneeshkumar A L, Suja S R, Vilash V, Ragesh R Nair, SirilE A, Rajasekharan S. Sub-chronic oral toxicity assessment (90 days) of ethanolic fraction of leaves of Neurocalyxcalycinus (R. Br. ex Benn.) Rob. in rodents: A lesser known ethnomedicinal plant from the Cholanaickan tribal community, India. InterdiscipToxicol. 2018; 11(3): 221–235.
15. Nair R. R., Suja S. R., Vilash V., Aneeshkumar A. L., Rajasekharan S. and Biju KumarB. S.Protective Effect of Ethanol Extract of Roots of Tetraceraakara (Burm. f.) Merr., on Carbon Tetrachloride-inducedHepatic Injury in Wistar Rats. Indian J Pharm Sci 2019;81(5):859-867.
|18||Papers Presented||Number- 4
1. Vilash V, Latha P G, Suja S R, Rajasekharan S. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Pellionia heyneana Wedd., leaf ethanolic extract on paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in Wistar rats: (25th Kerala Science Congress -2013, Thiruvananthapuram.)
2. Vilash V, Latha P G*, Suja S R, Krishnakumar N M, Shoumya S, Rajasekharan S. Pellionia heyneana Wedd. – An Ethnomedicinal Plant with immunomodulatory and antioxidant potential: (8th National seminar on medicinal plants, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Jagathy – 2013.)
3. Krishnakumar N M, Latha P G, Suja S R, Shyamal S, Shine V J, Anuja G I, Sini S, Shikha P, Sreejith G, Vilash V, Vimalkumar C S and Rajasekharan S. Immunomodulatory and Antioxidant potential of Saracaasoca(Roxb.) de Wilde Bark in Wistar rats. Abstract No: PA-1186 on p-66 (Book of Abstracts. 4th World Ayurveda Congress and Arogya Expo. 9-13 December 2010, Bengaluru, Karnataka.)
4. Pamitha N S, Suja S R, Pradeep N S, Latha P G, Vilash V, Krishnakumar N M. A glance to the Pharmacological, Phytochemical, Morphological and Nutritive value of Macrocybegigantea– a wild edible mushroom. UGC sponsored National Seminar cum Workshop on Techniques in Bioscience. (Department of Botany, KKM Govt. college of Botany. Feb.18-19, 2014. Book of abstract p-28.)
|20||Research Projects Undertaken||Nil|
|21||Orientation Courses Attended||Nil|
|22||Refresher Courses Attended||Nil|
|23||Seminars/Workshops/Trainings Organised||1. Merit Day & Prize Distribution CEREMONY 2019. Departmrnt of Botany, Sree Narayana College, Kollam. 06/08/2019
2. Ozone Day Celebration 2019. Organized by PG and Departmrnt of Botany, Sree Narayana College, Kollam. 19/09/2019
3. ‘Anti Drug Awareness Campaign 2020’ organized by Anti Drug Awareness Cell Sree Narayana College, Kollam. 29/01/2020.
4. Training Programme On Mushroom Cultivation. Organized by Departmrnt of Botany, Sree Narayana College, Kollam. 11/02/2020.
5. Plant Identification Virtual- 2020, Interpreting Plant Taxonomy. Organized by PG & Research Departmrnt of Botany in Association with IQAC, Sree Narayana College, Kollam. 03/08/2020.
|24||Seminars/Conferences Attended||1. Webinar on – “COVID 19 – THE WAY FORWARD” Jointly organised by P.G and Research Department of Zoology & internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 29/05/2020.
2. National Webinar on ‘Plant biodiversity of India: status and trends’ organized by the department of Botany in association with IQAC of Sree Narayana College, Sivagiri on 05/06/2020.
3. One Day International Webinar on “Science and Engineering for Nature Conservation” held on World Environment Day-5th June, 2020.J. C. Bose University of Science and Technology YMCA, Faridabad.
4. One Day International Webinar on ‘How do you write a high impact factor paper’ organized by PG and Research Department of Commerce, Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram.
5. International Webinar series on “Alternative therapy for oral diseases: Exploring newer Possibilities”. Organized by Department of Botany, Sree Narayana College for Women, Kollam on 24th July 2020 in association with IQAC.
6. International Webinar on ‘Metagenomic Library Construction and Screening’ organized by the PG and Research Department of Zoology in association with IQAC, St. Stephen’s College, Pathanapuram on 23/07/2020.
7. International Webinar series – Connecting the Dots… on “Ayurveda and Covid Prevention” Organized by UBA in association with IQAC and Dept. of Statistics, Govt.College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India on 07/08/2020.
8. Webinar on “RedBiotechnology- Biotechnology Interventions in Healthcare” organized byInternal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) & Health Club, Sree NarayanaCollege, Kollam on 08.08.2020.
9. Webinar on “MentalHealth in the Time of Covid 19”, organized by Internal QualityAssurance Cell (IQAC), Health Club, Counselling Cell & NCC 3 (K)Naval Unit, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 09.08.2020.
10. Webinar on “Trade Regulation and Conservation of Medicinal Plants: Challengesand Perspectives” organised by the Department of Botany in association with the IQAC, HHMSPBNSS. College for Women, Neeramankara, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on 10 August 2020.
|25||Workshops/Trainings Attended||1. National level Five Days Online Training in Biological Sciences” conducted by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Botany of Sree Narayana College, Nattika, from 03/08/2020 to 07/08/2020.
|26||Academic Responsibilities Undertaken||College level and university level- details required|
|27||Duties Performed at College||Co-coordinator-Unnath Bharat Abhiyan
Department level Co-coordinator- IQAC
Department level Co-coordinator- ATAL ranking
Assistant Co-coordinator- AISHE
Member- Remedial coaching
Member- Science Club
Member – Discipline Committee
Member- Antidrug Awareness Cell
Tutor- II DC Botany