|1||Personal Web Page||https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=hIJEwtoAAAAJ&hl=en|
|2||Date of Entry into Service||22-01-2019|
|3||Date of Retirement||31-03-2038|
|4||Edu. Qualifications||B.Ed., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|5||Areas of Interest/Specialisation||Synthetic organic chemistry, Coordination chemistry, Chemo selective synthesis of metal complexes|
|6||Courses/subject Taught||PG–Stereo chemistry, Bioinorganic, Advance materials
|7||Field of Research||Synthesis, Characterization Biological activity and photo physical studies of Novel Organic Compounds|
|9||Experience||Research-06 Years & Teaching – 02|
|10||Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any||NA|
|11||Scholarships/Fellowships Obtained||UGC Minor research Project|
|12||Extension Activities||1. Preparation and distribution of Hand sanitizer.|
|13||Papers Published||1. Ultrasound-Assisted Sequential Multicomponent Strategy for the Combinatorial Synthesis of Novel Coumarin Hybrids, S Kanchithalaivan, RV Sumesh, RR Kumar, ACS combinatorial science 16 (10), 566-572; 2014; Impact Factor : 3.381
2. Regioselective synthesis of novel dispiro oxindole–pyrrolizine–thiazolidine-2, 4-dione hybrids, S Ponnuchamy, RV Sumesh, RR Kumar, Tetrahedron letters 56 (29), 4374-4376; 2015, Impact Factor : 2.379
3. A facile tandem Michael addition/O-cyclization/elimination route to novel chromeno[3,2-c]pyridines, RV Sumesh, A Malathi, RR Kumar, Molecular Diversity 19 (2), 233-249, 2015, Impact Factor : 2.070
4. Fluorescein‐Based ‘‘Turn On’’Fluorescence Detection of Zn2+ and Its Applications in Imaging of Zn2+ in Apoptotic Cells, B Vidya, G Sivaraman, RV Sumesh, D Chellappa, ChemistrySelect 1 (13), 4024-4029, 2016, Impact Factor : 1.811
5. Multicomponent Dipolar Cycloaddition Strategy: Combinatorial Synthesis of Novel Spiro-Tethered Pyrazolo[3,4-b]quinoline Hybrid Heterocycles, RV Sumesh, M Muthu, AI Almansour, RS Kumar, N Arumugam, S Athimoolam, EAJY Prabha, RR Kumar, ACS Combinatorial Science 18 (5), 262-270, 2016, Impact Factor : 3.381
6. Diverse benzothiazole based chemodosimeters for the detection of cyanide in aqueous media and in HeLa cells, B Vidya, M Iniya, G Sivaraman, RV Sumesh, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 242, 434-442, 2017, Impact Factor : 7.100
7. Synthesis of spiro-linked quinolinone-pyrrolidine/pyrrolo[1,2-c]thiazole-oxindole/ acenaphthalene hybrids via multi-component [3+ 2] cycloaddition, RV Sumesh, A Shylaja, RR Kumar, AI Almansour, RS Kumar, Tetrahedron Letters 59 (46), 4086-4089, 2018, Impact Factor : 2.379
8. Crystal structure and Hirshfeld surface analysis of 4′-(2-chloro¬phen¬yl)-1′-methyl-3′′-phenyl-7′′,8′′-di-hydro-5′′H-di¬spiro¬[indoline-3,2′-pyrrolidine-3′,6′′-iso¬quinoline]-2,5′′-dione, R. Vishnupriya, C. Selva Meenatchi, J. Suresh, RV Sumesh, R. R. Kumar and P. L. N. Lakshman, Acta Cryst. (2018). E74, 660-663, 2018.
9. Crystal structure of 7′-(4-chloro¬phen¬yl)-2′′-(4-meth-oxy¬phen¬yl)-7′,7a’,7′′,8′′-tetra¬hydro-1′H,3′H,5′′H-di-spiro¬[indoline-3,5′-pyrrolo¬[1,2-c]thia¬zole-6′,6′′-quinoline]-2,5′′-dione and an unknown solvent, R. Vishnupriya, M. Venkateshan, J. Suresh, RV Sumesh, RR Kumar and PLN Lakshman, Acta Cryst. E75, 189-193, 2019
10. One-pot three-component domino synthesis and AChE inhibitory activity of novel pyrano[2,3-f]pyrazolo[3,4-b]quinolone-3-carbonitriles, RV Sumesh, RR Kumar, AI Almansour, RS Kumar and MA Ali, Communicated to J. Heterocycl. Chem.
|14||Papers Presented||1. Presented a poster in “Emerging Trends in Chemistry” conducted by the School of
Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, 18-20 February 2016.2. Presented a poster in an International conference on “Recent advances in material and
chemical sciences” conducted by the Department of Chemistry, Gandhigram Rural Institute –
Deemed University, 14-15 December 2015.
3. Presented a poster in “16th CRSI national symposium in chemistry” conducted by the
|16||Research Projects Undertaken||NA|
|17||Orientation Courses Attended||1. Participated in online short term faculty development programme on “ICT tools for teaching learning process –Post pandemic educational strategies” organized by IQAC and Department of physics collaboration with The Kerala state higher education council” Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 17-23 August 2020.
2. Participated in Orientation programme for “Faculty in Universities/Colleges/Institutes of higher education” 04 June 2020 – 01 July 2020.
3. Participated in “One day orientation program organized” by IQAC, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 27 May 2020
|18||Refresher Courses Attended||NA|
|19||Seminars/Workshops/Trainings Organised||1. Organized “National webinar on Hymn of herbs: searching for panaceas from Western Ghats” organized by Academy of Chemistry Teachers(ACT), Thiruvananthapuram 1st August 2020.
2. Organized “National webinar on Basic principles and recent trends in inorganic technology” conducted by PG & research Department of chemistry and IQAC, Sree Naryana College, Kollam, 4th June 2020
|20||Seminars/Conferences Attended||1. Participated in “Regional webinar on Honing the intricate aspects of research(HIAR): a webinar series” Organized by IQAC and PG and Research Department of chemistry, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 12th September 2020.
2. Participated in “Webinar on Aquariums – A journey from hobby to business” organized by IQAC and Health club, Sree Naryana College, Kollam, 19th August 2020.
3. Participated in “Webinar on observance of world elephant day 2020” organized by Social forestry extension unit Kollam, Department of forests and wild life, Government of Kerala and Sree Naryana College, Kollam, 12th August 2020.
4. Participated in “Webinar on Relevance of photoexcitation” Organized by Department of Chemistry, MES College, Nedumkandam, 17th July 2020
5. Participated in “National webinar on Basic principles and recent trends in inorganic technology” conducted by PG & research Department of chemistry and IQAC, Sree Naryana College, Kollam, 4th June 2020
6. Participated in “International webinar on Recent advances in chemical science” conducted by the PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 28-31 May 2020.
7. Participated in “Webinar on Research Hypothysis” organized by IQAC and Department of Commerce, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 18th May 2020.
8. Participated in “Recent developments in Chemistry” conducted by the School of Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, 27-28 January 2016.
9. Participated in “Recent Trends in Chemistry” conducted by the Department of Natural
10. Participated in UGC and MKU sponsored national seminar on “Catalysis and Catalyzed
11. Participated in “Current Trends in Organic Synthesis” conducted by the Department of
12. Participated in “Current Developments in Chemistry” conducted by the Department of
13. Participated in “Emerging Trends in Chemistry” conducted by the Department of Chemistry,
14. Participated in “Chemistry in the Techno-World” conducted by the Department of Chemistry,
15. Participated in “Recent Advances in Chemistry” conducted by the Department of Chemistry,
16. Participated in “Recent Advances in Nanoscience and Technology” conducted by the
17. Participated in “Current Research Trends in Chemistry” conducted by the Department of
|21||Workshops/Trainings Attended||1. Participated in “NPTEL E-awareness workshop for students and mentors” Organized by IQAC and SNCK NPTEL local chapter, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, 14th August 2020.
2. Participated in “Workshop on Spectroscopy and its Applications” conducted by the
|22||Academic Responsibilities Undertaken||Member in RUSA project monitoring committee
Member in Discipline Committee
Member in Palliative care
Member in Student welfare committee
Member in Share and Care
|23||Duties Performed at College||Member Admission Committee|
Dr Sumesh R. V.
- Dr Sumesh R. V.