|1||Personal Web Page|
|2||Date of Entry into Service||17/01/2020|
|3||Date of Retirement||30/05/2037|
|4||Edu. Qualifications||M.Sc. Chemistry;
B.Ed. Physical Science;
Ph.D. in Chemistry;
NET Chemical Science;
|5||Areas of Interest/Specialisation||Material Chemistry
|6||Courses/subject Taught|| PG-Physical Chemistry Statistical thermodynamics, Inorganic chemistry Nuclear chemistry, Analytical techniques
B.Sc. Complementary and Main Chemistry
|7||Field of Research||Polymer, Adsorption;
Electro analytical Chemistry
|9||Experience||5years of experience Technical Assistant Chemistry
Teaching experience; 2years
Research experience as a Post- Doctoral Fellow for 1.5 years.
|10||Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any||Academy of Chemistry teachers in Kerala university|
|11||Scholarships/Fellowships Obtained||DST-Purse Fellowship for Post-Doctorate
under SERB Criteria 01/08/2017 to 16/01/2019
|12||Extension Activities||Mentor for NPTEL courses in SN College chapter for Analytical chemistry and Basics of polymer chemistry courses|
|13||Papers Published||1) TS Anirudhan, JR Deepa, Binusreejayan, Synthesis and characterization of multi-carboxyl-functionalized nanocellulose/nanobentonite composite for the adsorption of uranium(VI) from aqueous solutions: Kinetic and equilibrium profiles, Chemical Engineering Journal, Volume 273, 1 August 2015, Pages 390-400 Impact factor:10.652 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2015.03.007
2) TS Anirudhan, JR Deepa, J Christa Nanocellulose/nanobentonite composite anchored with multi-carboxyl functional groups as an adsorbent for the effective removal of Cobalt (II) from nuclear industry wastewater samples Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Volume 467, 1 April 2016, Pages 307-320400 Impact factor:7.489 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2016.01.023
3) TS Anirudhan, Binusreejayan, J R Deepa, Functionalized polymeric silver nanoparticle hybrid network as a dual antimicrobe: Synthesis, characterization, and antibacterial application, Journal of Applied Polymer Science Science, Volume 133, 5 July2016, Pages 43479.Impact factor:2.56 https://doi.org/10.1002/app.43479
4) TS Anirudhan, J Christa, JR Deepa, Extraction of melamine from milk using a magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer, Food chemistry Volume 227, 15July 2017, Pages 85-92 Impact factor: 6.306
5) T.S.Anirudhan, J.R.Deepa, Nano-zinc oxide incorporated graphene oxide/nanocellulose composite for the adsorption and photo catalytic degradation of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride from aqueous solutions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Volume 490, 15 March 2017, Pages 343-356 Impact factor:7.489 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2016.11.042
6) T.S.Anirudhan, J.R.Deepa, Anoop S.Nair, Fabrication of chemically modified graphene oxide/nano hydroxyapatite composite for adsorption and subsequent photocatalytic degradation of aureomycine hydrochloride, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry,Volume 47, 25 March 2017, Pages 415-430 Impactfactor:5.289 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2016.12.014
7) TS Anirudhan, JR Deepa, F Shainy Thorium (IV) recovery from water and sea water using surface modified nanocellulose/nanobentonite composite: process design
Journal of Polymers and the Environment Volume 25 (4), 1 December 2017. 1147-1162 Impact factor:2.65
8) TS Anirudhan, JR Deepa, N Stanly, Fabrication of a molecularly imprinted silylated graphene oxide polymer for sensing and quantification of creatinine in blood and urine samples, Applied surface science February 2019, 466, 28-39 Impact factor. 6.182
9) TS Anirudhan, F Shainy, JR Deepa, Effective removal of Cobalt (II) ions from aqueous solutions and nuclear industry wastewater using sulfhydryl and carboxyl functionalised magnetite nanocellulose composite: batch adsorption studies, Nov 2018 35 (3), 235-255 https://doi.org/10.1080/02757540.2018.1532999 Impact factor. 2.2
10) T. S. Anirudhan, E. S. Aswathy J. R. Deepa Adsorptive Separation of Lysozyme from Aqueous Solutions Using Sulphonyl and Carboxyl Functionalized Stearyl Alcohol Grafted Epichlorohydrin, J Polym Environ 25, 101–114 (2017). Impact factor. 2.65
11) T.S.Anirudhan, J.R.Deepa, Binussreejayan, Electrochemical sensing of cholesterol by molecularly imprinted polymer of silylated graphene oxide and chemically modified nanocellulose polymer,Materials Science and Engineering: C Volume 92, 1 November 2018, Pages 942-956 Impact factor.5.88 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2018.07.041
12) JR Deepa, TS Anirudhan, Gowri Soman, V Chithra Sekhar, Electrochemical sensing of methylmalonic acid based on molecularly imprinted polymer modified with graphene oxide and gold nanoparticles, Microchemical Journal,Volume 159, December 2020, 105489 Impact factor.3.594 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2020.105489
13) Anirudhan T S, Anoop S. Nair, Deepa, J. R., Silane Modified Chitosan for Efficient Loading and Controlled Transdermal Release of Diltiazem, Journal of the Academy of Chemistry Teachers, 2(2) 2016, 10-13.
|14||Papers Presented||1. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S, Christa John, Binusreejayan, Athira V. S., Priya P. Jayan, Nano- Zinc oxide Incorporated Graphene Oxide / Nanocellulose Composite for the Photocatalytic Degradation of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride from Aqueous Solutionsat National Seminar on Advanced Analytical Techniques (NSAAT-2016) held at Mar Ivanios College (Autonomous), Thiruvananthapuram, on 9-11 March, 2016, Sponsored by the University Grants Commission.
2. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S , Binusreejayan, Manasa Mohan A. Multi carboxyl functionalized nanocellulose/nanobentonite composite for the adsorption of Uranium (VI) from aqueous solutions: Kinetic and equilibrium kinetics, 27th Kerala Science Congress held at Alappuzha on 27-29January 2015.
3. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S F. Shainy, Christa John, Anoop S. Nair, Multi- carboxyl functionalized nano-cellulose/nano-bentonite composite for the effective removal of toxic heavy metal ions from sea water and nuclear industrial effluents: kinetic, equilibrium and thermodynamic profiles (Theme: Polymer Nanocomposite) National Seminar on Green Analytical Techniques, Organized by DB College, Sasthamkotta, Sponsored by the UGC held on Sept 09 -10, 2015.
4. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S, Binusreejayan, Shainy F, Anoop S Nair, Photodegradation of Aureomycine hydrochloride from aqueous solution with chemically modified graphene oxide composite with nanohydroxyappatite for International Seminar on State-of-the Art Instrumental Techniques In Compound Analysis (Sitca-2016) Organized by the Department of Chemistry, Christian College, Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram on 19 – 20 July, 2016 (Received the Best Paper Prize Award).
5. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S Binusreejayan, F. Shainy.F, J. Christa Photocatalytic degradation of chlortetracycline hydrochloride from aquatic environment with chemically modified graphene oxide/nano hydroxyapatite composite for the National seminar on Photonics, Medicine, and the Environment (NSPME 2016) held at All Saints College, Trivandrum on 22-23, June.
6. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S Anoop S Nair, Syam S Nair., Semi-Conductor Photocatalysis of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride from Aqueous Solutions by Nano Zinc oxide Doped Graphene oxide/Nano Cellulose Composite, Polymer Conference For Young Researchers (PCYR 15) Organized by Society of Polymer Science India, Thiruvananthapuram Chapter, December 18, 2015. National Institute of Interdisciplinary Sciences and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram.
7. Deepa. J. R, Nisha. S, Shainy. F, Anoop. S. Nair, Manasa Mohan. A,T. S. Anirudhan, Development of Electrochemical Sensor for Detection of Creatinine with Silane Functionalized Graphene Oxide Based Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Film organized by The Society for Polymer Science India (SPSI) Trivandrum Chapter in association with American Chemical Society (ACS) held at Hotel Udayasamudra on January 8-11, 2017.
8. J.R Deepa, F. Shainy and T. S. Anirudhan, Fabrication of the nano zinc oxide Incorporated graphene oxide/nanocellulose Composite removal and degradation of Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride from aqueous Solutions at 29th Kerala Science Congress organized by KSCSTE and KFRI held at Mar Thoma College, Thiruvalla on January 28-30, 2017.
9. Deepa.J.R, Athira.V.S, Anirudhan T. S. Cholesterol Imprinted Graphene Oxide Polymer for Electrochemical Quantification and Sensing, 30th Kerala Science Congress January 28-30, 2018 at Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery .
10. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S, Molecularly Imprinted Graphene Oxide/Ammine grafted Gold Nano Polymer for Electrochemical Quantification and Sensing of Homocysteine, National Seminar on Frontline Approaches in Material Science & Computational Chemistry, March 14-16, 2018 at S.N.College for Women, Kollam.
11. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S, Electro Chemical Sensing of a Cardiac Biomark Homocysteine using fabricated molecularly imprinted graphene oxide polymer decorated with gold nanoparticles . The International Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Materials (ICCPM 2018) is being organized by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Chemistry, St, Thomas’ College (Autonomous), Thrissur, on 2018 September 17, 18 & 19 at Thrissur, Kerala, INDIA.
12. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S, Electrochemical sensing of methylmalonic acid: a functional biomarker of vitamin B12 status 31st Kerala Science Congress January 2-3, 2019 at Fatima matha National College,Kollam.
13. Deepa.J.R, Anirudhan T. S. Three day national seminar from25-27 march 2019 organized by Department of chemistry, University of Kerala.
14. 17. Anirudhan T S, Deepa J R,Binusreejayan, Chithra Sekhar.V, Christa John, Photo degradation of aureomyine hydrochloride from aqueous solution with chemically modified graphene oxide composite with nano hydroxyapatite, at National Seminar on Modern Trends in Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry, Organized by Post Graduate Department of Polymer Chemistry, Govt. College, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram, 24-26 November 2016, Funded by Directorate of Collegiate Education, Kerala. (Received the Best Poster presentation Award).
|1. Multi Carboxylfunctionalized Nano-Biopolymer/Nano-Clay Composite For The Effective Removal Of Different Metal Ions: Kinetic, Equilibrium And Thermodynamic Studies.; T.S. Anirudhan,J.R. Deepa, Handbook of Composites from Renewable MaterialsVolume 8 Issue: Nanocomposites: Advanced ApplicatioPublisher SCRIVENER PUBLISHING Weily
2. T. S. Anirudhan, Anoop S Nair, J R Deepa, Chitosan Grafted Copolymers for Drug Delivery Applications, Biopolymer Grafting, 2016 (Elsevier), In press
|16||Research Projects Undertaken||N.A|
|17||Orientation Courses Attended||Induction Training/Orientation Programme for Faculty in Universities/Colleges/Higher Educational Institutions (scheduled to be held from 04th June 2020 to 01st July 2020), under the most coveted MHRD-sponsored Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT), organized by Teaching Learning Centre (TLC), Ramanujan College in association with Research Development and Services Cell, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.|
|18||Refresher Courses Attended||Online Refresher Course In Chemistry For Higher Education Duration : 16 weeks Start Date : 01 Sep 2019 End Date : 31 Dec 2019Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT)
33 Seminars National/international attended
|21||Workshops/Trainings Attended||Attended Four workshops under Moodle Platform|
|22||Academic Responsibilities Undertaken||Coordinator of Certificate Course on Water Analysis
Class tutor of UG Chemistry First Main
Paper valuation and exam duties of Kerala university examination for UG and PG
|23||Duties Performed at College||Science club member
Environment club member
Class tutor of UG Chemistry First Main
|24||Awards/Honours/Patents||1. International Seminar on Instrumental Techniques In Compound Analysis (Sitca-2016) Organized by the Department of Chemistry, Christian College, Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram on 19 – 20 July, 2016 (Received the Best Paper Prize Award).
2. National Seminar on Modern Trends in Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry, Organized by Post Graduate Department of Polymer Chemistry, Govt. College, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram, 24-26 November 2016, Funded by Directorate of Collegiate Education, Kerala. (Received the Best Poster presentation Award).
|25||Collaboration/Consultancy||Collaborated with Department of Chemistry, University of Kerala During guiding MSc projects|
Dr. Deepa J. R.
- Dr. Deepa J. R.