|5||Personal Web Page||Nil|
|6||Date of Entry into Service||14-03-2016|
|7||Date of Retirement||30-04-2036|
|8||Edu. Qualifications||M Sc, B Ed, M Phil, Ph D|
|9||Areas of Interest/Specialisation||Genetics,
Plant Biotechnology and Plant Phytochemistry.
|10||Courses/subject Taught||PG- Pteridology, Cell Biology, Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
UG- Cell Biology, Genetics,Biotechnology Phycology and Bryophyta.
|11||Field of Research||Phytochemistry and Molecular Biology|
|12||Guideship Details||Sanctioning order No. Ac.EVI(3)/16540/2019|
• Govt Higher Secondary School Teacher for six years.
• 5 years in S N College
Research experience – 10 years
|14||Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any||NA|
1.GM Nair, Chithra Vijayan and VR Sumitha, Haploid plants and their Relevance in Agriculture, J.of palynology, Vol.46,2010 (Review article).
2.Chithra Vijayan, Mariamma Cheriyan, Omana Kumari & G M Nair Evaluation of antioxidant properties of some species of Lamiaceae. J of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Sciences,Vol33(1) 2011.
3.Chithra Vijayan, P Sikha, P G Latha & G M Nair, Orthosiphon aristatus extract reduces CCL4 induced oxidative damage in mice. J of Phytological Research, Vol24(1),2011.
4.Chithra Vijayan & G M Nair, Identification of antioxidant principle, radical scavenging and anticancer activity of Indian cat’s whisker. J of Phytological Research, Vol24(2)2011.
5.V Gayathri Devi, Chithra Vijayan, Anitha John, K Gopakumar,Pharmacognostic and Antioxidant studies on Clerodendrum inerme and identification of ursolic acid as marker compound. International J of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences,Vol4(2),2012.
6.Chithra Vijayan, M Adersh, SR Reji & G M Nair, Screening biological activities of Orthosiphon aristatus, International J of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol5(4), 2013.
7. Chithra Vijayan, K Murukan, S R Reji & G M Nair Screening biological activities of Orthosiphon aristatus : some observations, International Journal of advanced research 5(12) 757-764
8. Chithra Vijayan, P Preeja, K Murugan Analysis of phytochemical profile and genotoxicity of crude methanol extracts of Quassia indica with anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties.Journal of pharmacy, 2250-3013, vol (8) issue 2, feb2018
9. Chithra Vijayan, K Murugan & G M Nair Genetic Diversity of Orthosiphon aristatus accessions from different geographical regions using RAPD & ISSR Markers Trends in Biosciences 2018 Vol.11 No.7 pp.1242-1250
10.Manoj GS, Greeshma GM, Pradeep D P, Arathy R, Remya Krishnan, Bosco Lawarence, Sumayya SS, Jayakumar K, Saiaba A N, Lubaiana A S, Chithra Vijayan, Dinesh Babu KV, Sunila AV, Anil Kumar VS, Greeshma Murukan, Meenu Krishnan VG, Aswathy JM, Sunu Kumar SS and Murugan K*,“Secondary Metabolites and their Antioxidant Activities: An Overview”. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 8.10 (2020): 64-75.
1.Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of five species of Lamiaceae Chithra Vijayan, Mariamma Cheriyan & G M Nair National Symposium ‘ From Chromosomes to Genomes- Challenges and Prospects’, March, 2008.
2.Antioxidant activities and total phenolic content of Indian Orthosiphon, Chithra Vijayan & G M Nair, Indian Science Congress, January, 2010.
3.Orthosiphon extract reduces CCL4 induced oxidative damage in mice. Chithra Vijayan, P Sikha, P G Latha & G M Nair, International Symposium on Genomics, Crops, Medicinal Plants & Microbes, May 2011
4. Genetic Diversity of Orthosiphon aristatus accessions from different geographical regions using RAPD & ISSR Markers. National seminar on Insights into the Interdisciplinary Perspectives of Chemical & Biosciences, Govt. Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram., Feb 2018
5. Screening biological activities of Orthosiphon aristatus – A search, Chithra Vijayan. National seminar on Conservation of wetland ecosystems for long term ecological security, Department of Botany, Sree Narayana College for Women’s , May 2018
6 Variability in antioxidant activity and total phenolic content of accessions within Orthosiphon aristatus National seminar on Reaching the unreached through Science & Technology, Feb 2018
7. Biosystematics of Sida acuta, Chithra Vijayan & Amina S. International seminar on Current status and challenges for conservation & sustainable use of biodiversity, PG & Research department of Zoology, Sree Narayana College, Kollam, January 2020
|20||Research Projects Undertaken||NIL|
|21||Orientation Courses Attended||1. Orientation course at UGC- Academic Staff College, University of Kerala , Kariavattom, Thiruvanathapuram|
|22||Refresher Courses Attended||1. Refresher course in Life science at UGC- Academic Staff College, University of Kerala , Kariavattom, Thiruvanathapuram from|
1. Organizing committee member-One day training programme on Mushroom cultivation on 11th February 2020organised by Dept. of Botany, S N college, Kollam, supported by College PTA
2. Programme Co-ordinator –Ozone day celebration on September 18th 2019organised by Dept. of Botany, S N college, Kollam, supported by supported by Social forestry extension unit , Kollam and Kerala Forests and wild life Department.
3. Organizing committee member – Workshop on Floriculture and flower arrangements-Principles and practices organized by Dept. of Botany, S N college, Kollam on 7th January 2020 supported by college PTA.
4. Organizing committee member – Seminar on current Trends in Plant Science Research: Perspectives and Priorities on 27th February 2020 supported by College PTA
5. Programme Co Ordinator– Webinar on Plant identification virtual-2020 Interpreting Plant taxonomy organized by Dept. of Botany and IQAC, S N college, Kollam on 03/08/20220
Golden Jubilee National Symposium on ‘Plant Diversity, Utilization and Management’ conducted by Dept. of Botany, University of Kerala, May 27-29, 2010.
1. National workshop on Hands own training in Molecular Biology Experiments organized by Dept. of Botany, University College.
2. Workshop on ‘ Biodiversity inventory on a selected area in the North Campus, University of Kerala’, March 29,2011.
3. Workshop for the development of Reference text for VHSE Course (Agriculture) organized by SCERT, Kerala, April 13, 2016.
4. Workshop on Floriculture and Flower arrangement: Principles and Practices organized by Dept. of Botany, S N college, Kollam on7th January, 2020.
5. Training programme on Mushroom Cultivation organized by Dept. of Botany, S N college, Kollam on February, 11, 2020.
|26||Academic Responsibilities Undertaken||Subject expert in State Council For Educational Research and Training
Resource person for State Level Training for Govt Nursing College Tutors
|27||Duties Performed at College||Member-Discipline committee, Scholarship committee, Grievance redressal cell,|