- Associate Professor of Psychology
Date of Entry into Service
Date of Retirement
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Clinical and Counseling Psychology
- Psychology (Complementary Subject for BA Philosophy)
Field of Research
- Clinical Psychology
- 18 Years UG Class Teaching Experiences
- Served as Project Guide for M.A. Psychology Project titled Alcoholism: A Comparative Study between Sober and Relapse Cases of IGNOU during the academic year 2014-15.
- Served as Project Guide for M.A. Psychology Project titled Relationship between Academic Achievement and Certain Psychosocial variables among higher secondary students of IGNOU during the academic year 2014-15.
Memberships in Learned Bodies/Societies, If any
- Member, BOS, B.Sc. Psychology, University of Kerala from 2014- 2017; 2017-2020; 2020-2023.
- Member, BOS, B.Sc. & M. Sc. Psychology, F.M.N. College, Kollam from 2014-15 onwards (Autonomous Institution).
- Member, BOS, BSc Psychology and MSc Psychology, MG University, Kottayam from 2021 Onwards
- Volunteered as convener in the Extension Activity on Beach Cleaning Activity at Kollam Beach on 8 June 2022 as part of Ocean Day Celebrations organized by Ocean Society of India – Cochin Chapter and National Centre for Coastal Research (NCCR), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India, Coordinated by Sree Narayana College, Kollam in collaboration with FMNC, Kollam, TKM College of Arts and Science, SNC College for Women, SN Trust HSS & NCC Unit and GPMC, SN College, Kollam, and Kollam Corporation.
- Participated in the Extension Activity on Plastic Pollution in connection with the World Environment Day Celebrations 2018 organized by Green Protocol Monitoring Committee and Department of Zoology, Sree Narayana College, Kollam supported by KSCSTE on 07 June 2018 held at Thankassery Division, in the Coastal Area of Kollam.
- Conducted a Career Guidance and Counselling class for High School Students of Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School Achankovil on 09 February 2017.
- Conducted an orientation class on Basics of counselling to teachers of Sree Narayana Central School, Nedungolam, Kollam on 20 October 2010.
- Associated Police Department, Government of Kerala as resource person for two days training programme for Police Officers conducted on 18 and 19 July 2010 as part of Janamaithri Suicide Prevention Campaign Programme.
- Associated with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan as Resource person for the Screening Camp “Assessment of Mental Abilities and Identification of Children with Learning Disabilities” on 25 July 2009
- Associated with St. Joseph’s Guidance and Counseling Centre, FMN College Campus as Psychologist during the period from 15 July 1997 to 30 June 2012.
- “Psychosocial Factors Influencing Academic Achievement: A Systematic Review” in Education Plus, A Multidisciplinary International Peer-reviewed Journal in 2022, ISSN 2277–2405, Vol. XII, No. 8. (122-128)
- “Efficacy of Yoga-based Intervention on General Stress” in the International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2019, E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138, Vol.6, Issue 1 (391- 401).
- “Relationship Between Academic Achievement and certain Psychosocial Variables and Gender differences in Academic Achievement: A Study among Higher Secondary School Students” in the International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2019, ISSN 1475-7192, Vol.23, Issue 1 (1135-1140).
- “Impact of Yoga Therapy on General Health of Generalized Anxiety Disorder Patients” in Edu World, A Peer Reviewed International Journal of Education and Humanities in 2018, ISSN 2319–7129, Vol. XII, No. 1 (343-441)
- “Efficacy of Yoga Therapy on Depression” in the International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2018, E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- P-ISSN 2349-5138, Vol.5, Issue 1 (634-644).
- “Personality and Stress and Alcoholics: A comparative study between Sober and Relapse Cases” in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2017, E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- P-ISSN 2349-5138, Vol.4, Issue 4 (668- 676).
- “Efficacy of Yoga Based Life Style Intervention on State and Trait Anxiety” in the International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2017, E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138, Vol.4, Issue 4 (20-32).
- “Yoga: A Holistic Approach to Health and Illness” in the International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), An International Open Access, Peer-reviewed Journal in 2016, E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- P-ISSN 2349-5138, Vol.3, Issue 2 (931-939).
- ‘Therapeutic effect of Yoga on Quality of Life in Generalized Anxiety Disorder Patients” in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation in 2016, Vol.2, No. 2, 66-77 (ISSN: 2454-7204)
- “Study on the Impact of Social and Psychological factors on Student’s Learning Progress” in Education Plus, A Multidisciplinary International Peer-reviewed journal in 2015, ISSN 2277-2405, Vol. 4, No. 3. (324-333).
- “Adjustment Patterns of Alcoholics: A Comparative Study Between Sober and Relapse Cases” in Thoughts on Education, A International Peer-reviewed journal of Education and Humanities in 2014, ISSN 2320-4710, Vol. 3, No. 2. (270-277).
- ‘Therapeutic effect of Yoga on Generalized Anxiety Disorder Patients” in Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology in 2016, Vol.3, No. 1, 51-57 (ISSN: 0303-2582)
- ‘Relationship of Job Satisfaction to Certain Adjustment Variables’ in Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology in 2002, Vol.28, No. 1-2, 89-92
- Presented a Paper on Presented a paper on “Environment and Human Life: A Psychosocial Perspective” in the Two-day UGC sponsored National Seminar on Protection of Western Ghats: Issues, Concerns and Policy Alternatives organized by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Political Science, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 27 and 28 October, 2016
- Served as Associate Author in the 3rd revised edition of the book entitled “Statistics in Medicine” published by Global Education Bureau, Trivandrum in the year 2018
- Editorial board member of Journal for Advanced Psychological Research, Published by Psychological Analysis and Cognitive Enhancement Aid Society. ISSN No.2454-6682
Research Projects Undertaken
- Conducted a study funded by Police Department on “Accessibility of Women to Police Offices and How to Improve the Sensitivity of Police Personnel towards Women and Children” in 2016.
Orientation Courses Attended
- Participated in the Orientation Training Course for the Programme Officers of the National Service Scheme, organized by the Training Centre from 17 to 26th July 2007.
- Participated in the IT Oriented Orientation Programme from 21.02.2008 to 19.03.2008 at UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Trivandrum.
Refresher Courses Attended
- Attended Three-weeks National Level Refresher Course for Naval NCC Officers conducted by Officers Training Academy, Kamptee, Maharashtra from 01 June 2018 to 21 June 2018.
- Attended the UGC Refresher Course on Environmental Studies from 09.05.2013 to 29.05.2013 at UGC Academic Staff College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P.
- Attended the UGC Sponsored Special Winter School conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom from 28.11.2013 to 18.12.2013.
Short Term Course Attended
- Participated in the Short-Term Course on Gender Sensitization at UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Trivandrum from 21.12.2018 to 29.12.2018
- Organized one day ICPR (Indian Council of Philosophical Research) lecture programme on 10.03.2016
- Attended a webinar on Life Reality and Hurdles organized by Department of Philosophy, Sree Narayana College, Kollam 29 July 2020.
- Attended two-day National Seminar on Cognitive Behavioral Approach in Psychotherapy organized by Department of Psychology, University College, Thiruvananthapuram on 11 and 12 December 2017.
- Attended one day seminar on Wetlands for Disaster Risk Reduction organized by Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 02 February 2017.
- Participated in the Two-day UGC sponsored National Seminar on Protection of Western Ghats: Issues, Concerns and Policy Alternatives organized by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Political Science, Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 27 and 28 October, 2016
Attended two-day seminar on ‘Augmentation of Ground Water Resources: Problems, Constraints and Challenges’ sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science and Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Thiruvananthapuram, on 29th and 30th June 2016 held at the Seminar Hall, Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Attended a seminar on ‘Revivalism and Higher Education’ organized in connection with the annual conference of the All Kerala Private College Teachers’ association held on 20th of March 2015 at Town Hall, Palakkad.
Participated in the International Conference on ‘Counselling: a journey towards Wholeness’ held at The Capital Hotel, Thiruvananthapuram by Forum for Social Change, THiruvananthapuram in association with the Association for Psychological Counselling, Vellore on 7th and 8th November 2014.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Psychological Counseling (NSPC-2012) sponsored by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, held at Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram on 6th and 7th January 2012.
Participated in the two-day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Relevance of Advaita Vendanta Today’ held on 23rd and 24th October, 2008 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Participated in the two-day UGC sponsored Regional Seminar on ‘Socio Political Agitation in Kollam” organized by the Post Graduate department of History, Sree Narayana College, Kollam held on 29th and 30th October, 2008 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
Attended the seminar on Identifying and Managing Children with Learning Disabilities for College Teachers on 7th and 8th of December 2005 Sponsored by the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala at Department of Psychology, Govt. Women’s College, Trivandrum.
- Attended 30 hours of Master Practitioner Level Course in the Ten Principles and Practice of Psychotherapies organized by Psyched Research Foundation from 01 to 25 January 2023
- Participated in the three-day training program on Past Life Regression held at Thiruvananthapuram from 01 to 03 January 2023
- Participated in the One-day training program on Practical Hypnosis organized by Santhwanam Mind Care at Thiruvananthapuram on 30 October 2022.
- Participated in the two-day training program on Therapeutic Hypnosis held at Trichur from 01 to 02 October 2022
- Participated in the International Webinar on Covid and Mental Health organized by the Department of Psychology, Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy from 29 to 30 July 2020.
- Attended the Live Webinar on “How to Maintain Emotional Resilience and Balance during Stressful Times” organized by EBSCO Information Services, South Asia on 19 May 2020.
- Attended a National Level Webinar on “Importance of Psychology in Education and Role of Teacher” organized by organized by IQAC and Department of History, PD Karkhanis College of Arts and Commerce, Ambarnath, Maharashtra on 14 May 2020.
- Participated in the one-day online training program organized by the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India on Basics of COVID-19 on 27 April 2020.
- Participated in the one-day online training program organized by the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India on Psychological Care of Patients with COVID-19 on 11 April 2020.
- Participated in the Two-day workshop on Syllabus Revision Workshop organized by the Board of Studies in Psychology (Pass), University of Kerala and Sponsored by the Higher Education Council, Government of Kerala from 0n 2 and 15 February 2017 held at Govt. Women’s College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Attended one day workshop on Career Advancement Scheme for College Teachers under UGC Regulations organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sree Narayana College, Kollam on 17 April 2017.
- Attended one day Capacity Building workshop for Internal Mentors of Walk With a Scholar Programme in Government/Aided Colleges, organized by the office of the New Initiatives in Higher Education, on 11 January 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on Statistical Package for Social Sciences – An Experiential Session organized by Department of Psychology, Fatima Mata National College, Kollam on 3 December 2016.
- Participated in the One-week workshop on “Quantitative Research and Techniques using IBM SPSS and Structural Equation Modelling using IBM SPSS” conducted by the Christ University Nodal Office, Thiruvananthapuram from 26 to 31 December 2016.
- Participated in the three-week PRCN Training programme for Naval NCC Officers conducted by the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Kamptee, Maharashtra from 10 June to 30 June 2013.
- Attended PRCN Training programme for Naval NCC Officers conducted by the Seamanship School, Kochi from 26 August to 26 October 2013.
- Participated in the supportive Supervision Training Workshop, Organized by GFATM-7 Project, School of Behavioral Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University campus, Kottayam, Kerala from 21st to 24th March 2011.
- Participated in the two-day workshop on “Methodology Course” organized by the Kerala State Higher Education Council and PG and Research department of Political Science held on 13th and 14th December, 2010 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam
- Attended three day Residential “Faculty Training on Finishing School” Programme conducted by Centre for Adult Continuing Education and Extension, University of Kerala from 29.11.2010 to 01.12.2010.
- Participated in the Five-day workshop on restructuring the Undergraduate Course in Psychology organized by the Board of Studies in Psychology, University of Kerala and Sponsored by the Higher Education Council, Government of Kerala from 24mto 25 February and 4th to 6th March, 2009.
- Participated in the Workshop for revamping the curriculum of PG Diploma in Counseling held on 26.08.2011 at Centre for Adult, Continuing Education and Extension, University of Kerala.
- Participated in the Special Workshop for revision of syllabus of B.A. Degree Course in Psychology on the 20th and 21st of December 2005.
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Served as faculty of PG Diploma in Counseling Psychology, conducted by the Adult Continuing Education and Extension, University of Kerala.
Duties Performed at College
- Working as convener, career guidance and counseling cell from 12-06-2010 to 31 March 2016.
- Serving as ANO of Naval Unit NCC from June 2010 onwards.
- Served as convener, handbook revision committee for the academic years 2012-16 and 2016-2020.
- Served as PTA secretary for the academic years 2011-12 and 2012-13.
- Served N.S.S. Programme Officer from November 2006 to May 2008 at Sree Narayana College, Chempazhanthy.
- Served N.S.S. Programme Officer from November 2009 to May 2011 at Sree Narayana College, Kollam.
- Served as Admission Committee Member from 2008 onwards.
- Group Tutor of BA Philosophy from 2008 onwards
- Associated with SAKSHAM, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, Round-7, HIV/AIDS Counselling Programme at M.G. University, Kottayam as Supportive Supervisor and Mentor to HIV Counsellors working under National AIDS Control Programme to build their capacities in HIV Counseling from 1st July 2011 to 31st March 2015.
- Collaboration with Optum Health and Technology (India) Private Lp. On 24th August 2015 for face-to-face counseling session for the Company’ Clients.
- Collaboration with YMCA, Kollam on 19th August 2015 onwards for face-to-face counseling session for Clients approaching YMCA.