Journalism and Mass Communication
- Assistant Professor (On Contract)
- Journalism and Mass Communication
Areas of Interest/Specialisation
- Advertising, Research Methodology, Communication
- Reporting, Editing, Advertising, Magazine Journalism, Malayalam Journalism, Magazine Journalism
Field of Research
- Political Communication
- 4 Years 10 Months
- Recent trends in Advertising in Proceedings of National seminar on Recent trends in media –ISBN 978-93-8612-20-2
- Recent trends in television advertising on Language in India www.languageinindia.com ISSN 1930-2940 18:6 June 2018 Prof. S. Arunraj and Dr. P.Viduthalai, Editors Portrayal of Social Issues in Literature and Media
- Effectiveness of Public Service Advertisement in the Light of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan- ISBN 938656841-1
- Political communication in social media Scenario –ISBN 978-93-87434-28-8
- Political propaganda and promotions using new media in the context of Indian parliamentary elections” in Modern Thamizh Research -UGC approved journal ISSN:2321-984X
- Political communication through social media in the context of Indian elections: Sambodhi UGC Care Journal ISSN:2249-6661
- Big Ideas of Visual Age. The Latest Trends in Television Advertising- ISBN 9789391537746, Clever fox publishing House ,Chennai
1.Redefining the modes of Political communication; Digital Media and Society.Mythri Publishers,Trivandrum. ISBN-978-93-91089-88-7
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Selling ideologies: The impact of political advertising in the voting pattern in kerala’,UGC Sponsered National Media Conference organized by the Department of Communication and Journalism, Sri Padamavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andrapradesh on 9th-10th March 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Social media and Youth’ at Young Journalists camp 2017 organized by Government of Kerala, Kerala State Youth Welfare Board on 27 th March 2017.
- Presented a paper on three day UGC National Seminar on Visual politics and contemporaray culture: ideology,representation and narrrative space,Sree Sankaracharaya University of Kalady,paper entitled ‘Political advertising and voting behavior in kerala: The mediating role of voting decision involemnent’,5th– 7th April 1017
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Recent trends in advertising’ on National seminar on recent trends in media organized by Department of Visual communication on December 18, 2017 at Subbalakshmipathy College of Science , Madurai, TN.
- Presented a paper entitled” Intervening role of media in political propagation in Kerala: A Perpestive”, National Conference on Gender and the media: Challenges and opportunities NCGM2018-4th-6th January 2018,Anna University,Chennai.
- Presented a paper entitled “Propagating public service information through advertising: A study on Swatch bharath campaign” on National Conference on Media and Community development at MS University,Tirunelveli on 23rd -24th January 2018.
- Participated One day International seminar on portrayal of social issues in literature and media jointly organized by Centre for Media and Social Science,Department of Journalism and Mass communication Periyar University,Salem.
- Presented a paper entitled “Political communication through advertising: a study on the political campaigns during 2016 Kerala assembley election”,National Seminar organized by Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Kerala 26th-28th Februvary 2018.
- Presented a paper entited “Democracy in social media age-The virtual voice for Voiceless “National Mass Communication Research Conference in Indian Media in Transition Organized by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Calicut 20th March-22 March 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled “The emergence of social media and its impact on tourism” on international seminar on Hospitality industry’s issues in the LPG era, organized by Centre for Tourism and Hotel Management, Madurai Kamaraj University.22nd March 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled on “Effectiveness of public service advertisement in the light of swachh Bharat abhiyan “on March 27 th March 2018. UGC-SAP sponsored National seminar organized by the Department of Sociology, Madurai Kamaraj University.
Academic Responsibilities Undertaken
- Academic Tutor
- External examiner for the Viva voce,M,A Print and Electronic Journalism at St.Joseph College of Communication,15-March-2017.
- 2nd Rank in B.A Mass Communication, University of Calicut 2008