MORNING PRAYER AND CLASS HOURS
Classes in the morning commence with the ‘Daiva Dasakam’ (Ten Versus to God). Staff and students stand in reverential silence during its soothing and melodious rendering. The College works under the full day system with two sessions. In between the two sessions there is a noon interval of thirty minutes from 12.50 pm to 1.20 pm. Besides Lectures, there are Seminars, Tutorials, Group discussions and Counselling.
1. Those who secure a minimum of 75% attendance during the semester only
will be allowed to register for the End Semester Examinations. Attendance will be
taken at the beginning of each class.
2. No student can abstain himself/herself from a class without prior permission.
3. In case of absence on account of illness, a medical certificate is to be produced.
4. Condonation of attendance to a maximum of 10 days in a semester, subject to a maximum of two times during the whole period of the U.G. and P.G. programme, may be granted by the University. Union activities, meetings of the University bodies and participation in extracurricular activities will be treated as present for the above purposes on production of participation/ attendance certificate in such activities, subject to a maximum of 10 days in a semester.
5. Students whose attendance falls below the minimum of 75% shall apply for exemption
through the Principal to the University.
6. Fee for condonation for attendance shortage up to 10 days Rs. 100. Application for condonation should be forwarded at least 10 days before the commencement of the university examinations.
1. Every student is expected to be decent, cultured, polished and pleasing in his words and deeds inside and outside the college.
2. Students are expected to greet the teachers respectfully when they meet them.
3. Students are required to be neat and tidy appearance and demeanour. They are advised to be courteous.
4. Students should handle college properties with care. Further, they are expected to do whatever they can to protect and promote the beauty, charm and dignity of the campus. Any damage done to college property will have to be made good.
5. Students should not write, carve or paint anything on any part of the college building, walls, furniture etc.
6. Students shall take their seat in the class as soon as the bell is given. They shall rise when the teacher enters the classroom and remain standing till he/she takes his/her seat and directs them to sit down. They should keep with them Texts and Note books required for the classes they attend.
7. No student is allowed to enter or leave the classroom when the session is on without the permission of the teacher.
8. Students shall not roam about verandas and corridors during working hours.
9. Students are not allowed to stand or move about the verandas or do anything which might disturb the classes during working hours.
10. No notice, petition etc. of any kind shall be circulated among students for publicity without the permission of the Principal.
11. No meeting or function of any kind shall be held on the campus without the prior permission of the Principal.
12. Political activism is strictly banned on the campus. Students are forbidden to organise or attend meetings other than the official ones.
13. Students shall not take active part in political agitations directed against the Government or the Management.
14. Students on strike are strictly prohibited from entering the veranda or the class room or shouting slogans on the campus.
15. All strikes, demonstrations, agitations, dharnas, hartals and the like are banned on the college campus. Students who violate this rule shall be dismissed summarily.
16. Political activities are summarily banned on the college campus. Students engaging in any such activity which may cause disruption to classes or disturbance on the college campus are liable to be dismissed from the college.
17. Students are strictly prohibited from holding meetings or collecting any fund without the written permission of the Principal.
18. Smoking, chewing, snuffing and other unwholesome practices are strictly prohibited on the campus, regular attendance, insubordination to teachers, indifference in class, habitual mischief-making obscenity in deeds or words are sufficient reasons for suspension or dismissal of a student from the college.
20. Minor offences are punishable with fine.
21. Malpractices at exams and test papers will be severely dealt with.
22. Any genuine grievance of students may be brought to the notice of the Principal either directly or through the group tutor.
23. The Principal is the final authority in the interpretation of the college byelaws and he reserves the right to frame and enforce rules governing the conduct of students in the class rooms and on the campus.
24. All students admitted to the college should keep with them their Identity cards, with recent passport size photographs, duly attested by the Principal. The students should produce their Identity cards as and when the teaching staff, office staff or any other members of the college service demand it.
25. Mobile phones are banned in the campus (For Students).